Make Your Holidays a Little Sweeter With Stanley
Although the holidays are quieter and the celebrations are smaller this year, you can still find joy in festive moments and merry traditions. And nothing says “happy holidays” quite like a batch of fresh-from-the-oven cookies, enjoyed with family or gifted to friends and neighbors.
Speaking of cookies, did you know that December 4th is National Cookie Day? In honor of this delicious day, we’re here to help you make the most of the season with two heartwarming recipes—contributed by Michelle Fleming.
CHOCOLATE DROP COOKIES
Makes about 2 dozen cookies and 1½ cups of frosting.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 oz (square) unsweetened chocolate
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1¾ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1½ tsp milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add egg, vanilla and chocolate. Blend well.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add dry ingredients and milk alternately to butter mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate dough for 3 hours up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, remove dough from the refrigerator and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Drop dough (3 tbsp for each cookie) onto cookie sheet prepared with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8–10 minutes. Cookies should appear slightly under-baked. Frost immediately.
- Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Add powdered sugar and milk alternately to cocoa mixture, beating to a spreadable consistency.
- Add small amount of milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla.
A cup of freshly brewed coffee—served in our Classic Camp Mug—goes perfectly with these Chocolate Drop Cookies. For brewing, we love the double-wall Classic Stay Hot French Press, which holds a generous 48 oz of hot coffee.
HOLIDAY SUGAR COOKIES
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 4 cups + 1 tbsp flour
- Mix sugars, vegetable oil, and butter together. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add salt, baking soda, cream of tartar, and flour. Mix well.
- Cover dough and refrigerate overnight.
- Roll dough into 2-inch balls, and then roll in a small amount of sugar. Place on cookie sheet prepared with cooking spray. Press dough gently with the bottom of a glass or fork to flatten.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8–10 minutes.
Optional: Top with your favorite butter cream frosting and sprinkles for an extra-festive cookie.
These sugar cookies are especially yummy with some hot cocoa—which you can keep at the perfect temperature for hours, thanks to our Classic Legendary Bottle. This Stanley favorite even has an insulated lid that doubles as a cup.
While nibbling on your cookie creations, take a look at our Holiday Gift Guide for some great gifting ideas.