Here is the truth: some of the best meals you have ever eaten have not been from an indoor kitchen.
That is right! We love food when it is cooked outside. The fresh breeze on your face and the crackling of the campfire are the perfect ambiance for a great meal. So then what is the reason that we choose not to cook outside more?
The answer, we don’t have the right equipment.
Cooking outside is one of the most rewarding culinary experiences that you can have, and yet having the right equipment is one of the most overlooked parts of the cook. Most often you are looking for lightweight equipment that is both durable and easy to clean. You want multi-purpose cooking pieces that can help you make breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Well, the answer is here! You need the Stanley Base Camp Cook Set.
My favorite dish to cook outside is breakfast. Nothing beats a skillet full of eggs and carbs over fire. I brought my new Stanley Base Camp Cook Set out to the lake for the weekend to test it out and see if it could handle my rugged cooking style. It definitely could.
Firstly, it comes with tons of equipment that fit perfectly inside of a 3.7 qt pot. You have a skillet, utensils, spatulas, plates, bowls, dish rack, heat resistant trivet and a cutting board. This compact cooking maven is ready to handle all your over the campfire experiences.
If you are going to test this bad boy out, then you need to try my new Chipotle Egg Skillet recipe below. This spicy and sweet skillet will fill you up with all the necessary calories to take on a day of adventure. Just make sure to pack your Stanley Base Camp Cook Set!
CAMPING BREAKFAST RECIPE: CHIPOTLE EGG SKILLETCooking Details
Yields: 1-2 Servings
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Equipment: Stanley Base Camp Cook Set
Chipotle Egg Skillet Ingredients
- 2 fresh eggs
- 1 cup of hash browns
- 1/2 cup of bacon (chopped)
- 3 tbsp. of butter
- 1 tbsp. of paprika
- 1 tbsp. of brown sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. of chipotle powder
- 1/2 tbsp. of sea salt
- Cilantro (Optional)
- Using charcoal or wood, safely create a fire for direct grilling.
- From your Stanley Base Camp Cook Set, pull out the skillet, spatula, and cover.
- Add skillet to fire and preheat for 2 minutes.
- Add butter to skillet and let melt. Once melted add hash browns and let cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Push hash browns to one side of skillet and add bacon to other side. Let bacon brown.
- After both bacon and hash browns have browned, add all seasonings above.
- Mix seasonings, hash browns, and bacon. Let cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Create a hole in the middle of the skillet, add more butter if the pan is dry and crack your two eggs into the hole.
- Cover with lid and cook to your desired preference.
- Pull skillet off the fire, top with cilantro and serve!