Last updated and effective September 7, 2023
Please click here for a printable PDF version of this notice.
Table of Contents
- Scope of this Policy
- Information We Collect
- Information You Give Us
- Information We Collect Automatically
- Information We Collect from Other Sources
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Your Options and Rights Regarding Your Information
- Special Information for Job Applicants
- Other Important Information
- Data Retention
- Cross-border Data Transfer
- Information about Children
- Sharing of Medical or Health Information
- Privacy Disclosures for Specific Jurisdictions
- European Economic Area, United Kingdom, and Switzerland
- Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia
- Contract Information, Submitting Requests, and Our Response Procedures
1. Scope of this Policy
- Pacific Market International, LLC and our affiliates and brands (“PMI,” “we,” “us,” “our”).
- PMI’s online properties, including our websites, and websites or mobile applications that link to it, and our social media pages or handles; our products, and our services (collectively “Services”).
- Information you provide or we receive when you interact with us off-line.
This Policy applies when you interact with us through our Services or off-line. It also applies anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to third-party websites, mobile applications, or services that may link to the Services or be linked to from the Services. Please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we do, we will notify you by posting the updated version.
2. Information We Collect
We collect information from you directly, from the devices you use to interact with us, and from third parties. We may combine information from the Services together and with other information we obtain from our business records. We may use and share information that we aggregate (compile to create statistics that cannot identify a particular individual) or de-identify (strip information of all unique identifiers such that it cannot be linked to a particular individual) at our discretion.
2.1. Information you give us
You may provide the following information to us directly:
- Contact and professional information, including name, email address, telephone number, and job title, as well as company name and size.
- Demographic information.
- Audiovisual information, including recordings of online events or photos you include in product reviews.
- Payment information, including credit card information.
- Content you may include in survey responses.
- Information contained in your communications to us, including emails to or online chats with customer service.
- Information you make available to us via a social media platform.
- Any information or data you provide by commenting on content posted on our Services, including product reviews. Please note that these comments are also visible to other users of our Services.
- Information you submit to inquire about or apply for a job with us.
- Any other information you submit to us.
For example, PMI and third parties may collect information from your computer, tablet, phone, or other devices on which you install mobile applications. Information collected is used to assist in accessing our websites, or to determine whether you open an email or click on an advertisement or help keep track of items you put into your shopping cart, including when you have abandoned your cart. This information determines when to send cart reminder messages via SMS or email.
- Device information, including IP address, device identifiers, and details about your web browser.
- Analytical information, including details about your interaction with our website, app, and electronic newsletters.
- Diagnostic information, including web traffic logs.
- Advertising information, including special advertising and other unique identifiers that enable us or third parties working on our behalf to target advertisements to you. Please be aware that our advertising partners may collect information about you when you visit third-party websites or use third-party apps. They may use that information to better target advertisements to you on our behalf.
- Business record information, including records of your purchases of products and services.
We may collect the following information about you from third-party sources.
- Subscription registration information.
- Contact information, demographic information, and information about your interests and purchases, from consumer data providers and data enrichment services.
- Information about your credit history from credit reporting agencies.
- Information about your interests, activities, and employment history from social networks and other places where you choose to share information publicly.
- Background check information if you apply for a job with us that requires a background check, where permitted by law and with your consent (to the extent required by law).
- Information about your interaction with advertisements on our Services, or ads that we place on third party websites, from online advertising companies.
- If you decide to invite others to the Services, we will collect your and the other person’s names, email addresses, and/or phone numbers to send an email or text message and follow up with the other person. You agree that you will obtain the other person’s consent before giving us his or her contact information. You also agree that you will not send us the contact information of a minor. We will inform any other person you invite that you gave us his or her information in the invitation email.
3. How We Use Your Information
- Service functionality: To provide you with our products and services, including to take steps to enter a contract for sale or for services, process payments, fulfill orders, send service communications (including renewal reminders), and conduct general business operations, such as accounting, recordkeeping, and audits. We use information for service functionality to perform our contract with you and/or pursuant to our legitimate interests.
- Service improvement: To improve and grow our Services, including to develop new products and services and understand how our Services are being used, our customer base and purchasing trends, and the effectiveness of our marketing. We use information for service improvement pursuant to our legitimate interests.
- Personalization: To offer you recommendations and tailor the Services to your preferences. We use information for personalization pursuant to our legitimate interests.
- Advertising and marketing: To send you marketing communications, personalize the advertisements you see on our Services and third-party online properties, and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We may share your information with business partners, online advertising partners, and social media platforms for this purpose. We use information for advertising and marketing with your consent and/or pursuant to our legitimate interests.
- Security: To protect and secure our Services, assets, network, and business operations, and to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal. We use information for security purposes pursuant to our legitimate interests and/or for compliance with legal obligations.
- Legal compliance: To comply with legal process, such as warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and lawful regulatory or law enforcement requests and to comply with applicable legal requirements. We use information for legal compliance purposes for compliance with legal obligations.
4. How We Share Your Information
Affiliates: We share information with other members of our group of companies.
- Please note though that, if you opt into a Stanley mobile messaging program, your consent is specific to that program and is not shared among our affiliates. If you want to receive mobile messages from any other PMI program, you must opt into that program separately.
- Service providers: We engage vendors to perform specific business functions on our behalf, and they may receive information about you from us or collect it directly. These vendors are obligated by contract to use information that we share only for the purpose of providing these business functions, which include:
- Supporting Service functionality, such as vendors that support event registration, customer service and customer relationship management, subscription fulfillment, freight services, application development, list cleansing, postal mailings, and communications (email, fax).
- Auditing and accounting firms, such as firms that assist us in the creation of our financial records.
- Professional services consultants, such as firms that perform analytics, assist with improving our business, provide legal services, or supply project-based resources and assistance.
- Analytics and marketing services, including entities that analyze traffic on our online properties and assist with identifying and communicating with potential customers.
- Security vendors, such as entities that assist with security incident verification and response, service notifications, and fraud prevention.
- Information technology vendors, such as entities that assist with website design, hosting and maintenance, data and software storage, and network operation.
- Marketing vendors, such as entities that support distribution of marketing emails.
- Business partners: From time to time, we may share your contact information with other organizations for marketing purposes.
- Government entities/Law enforcement: We may share information when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so to respond to lawful subpoenas, warrants, court orders, or other regulatory or law enforcement requests, or where necessary to protect our property or rights or the safety of our employees, our customers, or other individuals.
- Other businesses in the context of a commercial transaction: We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the Services. We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information as described in this policy.
6. Your Options and Rights Regarding Your Information
- The following industry organizations offer opt-out choices for companies that participate in them: the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative.
- You may use our cookie settings menu.
- You may contact us directly.
If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
7. Special Information for Job Applicants
- Information you provide in connection with your application.
- Information that you make available in your social media accounts.
- Information about you that is available publicly.
- Information that you authorize us to collect via third parties, including former employers or references.
8. Other Important Information
9. Privacy Disclosures for Specific Jurisdictions
We process “personal data,” as that term is defined in the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
- Access and Portability: Request access to personal data we hold about you or request transmission of your data to a third party.
- Correction: Request that we rectify inaccurate or incomplete personal data we store about you.
- Erasure: Request that we erase personal data when such data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, when you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or when you believe that your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- Restriction of processing: Request that we restrict our processing of personal data if there is a dispute about the accuracy of the data; if the processing is unlawful; if the processing is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected but is needed by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or if your request to object to processing is pending evaluation.
- Objection to processing: Object to processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests or for direct marketing (including profiling). We will no longer process the data unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for our processing that override your interests, rights, and freedoms, or for the purpose of asserting, exercising, or defending legal claims.
- Transfers: Obtain information about and a copy of the safeguards we use to transfer personal data across borders.
Your California Privacy Rights; “Shine the Light” Law
- Opt out of sale or sharing of personal information: You have the right to opt out of our sale or sharing of your personal information to third parties. To exercise this right, please visit our Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information webpage or contact us. Please be aware that your right to opt out does not apply to our disclosure of personal information to service providers.
- Limit the use and disclosure of your sensitive personal information: You have the right to limit our use and disclosure of your sensitive personal information if we use such information to infer characteristics about you. We do not use your sensitive personal information for this purpose.
- Know and request access to and correction and deletion of personal information: You have the right to request access to personal information collected about you and information regarding the source of that personal information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with to whom we sell or disclose it. You also have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete personal information that we have collected directly from you and to correct personal information that we have collected about you. Please contact us to exercise these rights.
- Residents of the States of Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia may have the following rights:
- Opt out of “sales” of personal information and use of their personal information for “targeted advertising,” as those terms are defined under applicable law.
- Opt out of “profiling” under certain circumstances, as defined under applicable law. (Residents of Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia only.)
- Confirm processing of and access to personal information under certain circumstances.
- Correct personal information under certain circumstances. (Residents of Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia only.)
- Delete personal information under certain circumstances.
10. Contact information, submitting requests, and our response procedures
Telephone: (206) 557-6270
Mail: Pacific Market International, LLC
2401 Elliott Avenue, 4th Floor
Seattle, WA 98121