Having the perfect tailgating food is key to the success during football season. Not everyone has time to cook crazy elaborate meals that use tons of equipment. Sometimes the best food is cooked using the most essential gear like this new BBQ Beer Meatballs recipe using the Stanley Adventure Full Kitchen Base Camp Cook Set.
Armed with nothing more than a sturdy 18/8 stainless steel pot, pan, utensils and dishes, you can easily cook a tailgating favorite over the fire for your crew. This recipe utilizes almost every part of the Stanley Camp Cook Set, which starts with mixing the meatballs in the steel pot. After mixing the meat & seasonings, you will form the meatballs and place them in your Stanley Cooler to firm up for at least 20 minutes.
Next, you will use the stainless steel skillet to cook both the meatballs and the BBQ sauce that will go on top of them. This skillet can withstand all the heat from the fire on game day, so do not be shy when cooking with it. Oh and did I mention you will be cooking with beer? Make sure to fill your Stanley Classic Easy-Pour Growler and Classic Stay Chill Beer Pint before heading to the ‘gate so that you can drink cold beer while you cook.
Once the BBQ Beer Meatballs have been dosed in the BBQ sauce, you can serve them up and store them in the Stanley Adventure Stay Hot Camp Crock to stay warm for later.
Bonus points: pre-make the food and bring everything in the Vacuum Crock to the tailgate + another Growler for more beer with all the time you will save from pre-cooking the food. In the end, this recipe is simple, easy and packs a winning taste this fall. So go check it out below and make sure to gear up with the all-in-one Stanley Camp Cook Set.
TAILGATE RECIPE: THE BEST BBQ BEER MEATBALLSCooking Details
Yields: 4 Servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. of Ground Beef
- ½ lb. of Ground Pork
- ½ lb. of Ground Bison
- 2 Eggs, whipped
- 4 cloves of Garlic, pressed
- 2 tbsp. of Chives
- 1 ½ tbsp. of Onion Powder
- ½ cup of Potato Chips, finely crushed
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup of Ketchup
- 1 tbsp. of your favorite Hot sauce
- 2 tbsp. of Honey
- Splash of Beer, preferably a Marzen
- 2 tbsp. of White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of Butter
- In the large pot from the Stanley Camp Cook Set, add all your ingredients for the meatballs and mix thoroughly. Pull out a handful and make 1 ½ inch in diameter sized meatballs. Place in Stanley cooler for at least 20 minutes or until ready to cook.
- Preheat your fire to a medium-high heat. Add your Camp Cook Set pan over the fire 1-2 minutes before cooking. Add oil to the pan before cooking.
- Add meatballs to skillet and cook for about 4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 160F. Pull off meatballs and continue to cook until all meatballs are done.
- Once meatballs all meatballs are cooked and off, clean off pan and place back over fire. Deglaze using butter and a splash of beer. Stir and let simmer in skillet for 1 minute. Next, add all Spicy Beer BBQ Sauce ingredients to skillet and let simmer over medium heat till ½ reduced (about 7-8 minutes). Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Pull BBQ sauce off fire, pour over your meatballs and garnish with more chopped chives. Add any remaining leftovers to Stanley Vacuum Crock for later.
ABOUT DEREK WOLF
I am the cook & creator behind Over The Fire Cooking. I love traveling the world and being inspired by how fire, food, and people come together.