To some Alaska is known as the last frontier, for others, it’s just the beginning. For the second season of Kitchen Unnecessary, we partnered with Seattle-based lifestyle influencer from the popular blog Not Without Salt to explore the culinary flavors that Alaska has to offer. Ashley and her crew traveled to a small town near the mouth of the Copper River called Cordova, which is known for its local fishing industry.
While there, Ashley spent time with a local named Raven to find the freshest ingredients to craft a delicious meal with local ingredients. Ashley completed the meal with Wild Berry Spritz with Muddled Wormwood that she made in a Stanley Adventure Happy Hour Cocktail Shaker Set.
Note: This simple cocktail can easily be adapted if you don’t happen to find yourself in Cordova, Alaska with access with wild wormwood and Raven’s homemade wild berry liquor. In lieu of wormwood muddle with a few rosemary leaves and in place of Raven’s liquor use a raspberry liqueur - or something similar.
WILD BERRY SPRITZ WITH MUDDLED WORMWOOD
- A few Wormwood leaves
- 1/2 ounce berry liqueur
- 1/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- Add a few Wormwood leaves to the bottom of a cocktail shaker.
- With a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon gently press the leaves to help release some of the aromatic oils in the leaves.
- To that add ice, berry liqueur, and lemon juice. Shake vigorously.
- Pour in a glass then top with crisp prosecco or champagne.
- Garnish with lemon or more Wormwood.