Looking to amp up your liquor cabinet but can’t get to the store? Coffee liqueur is a staple that enhances cocktails with rich, deep notes of coffee and vanilla. Try it in a classic like this Vegan White Russian or simply sip it solo and enjoy your caffeinated creation. All you need is some Stanley gear and a few ingredients to get started. This infusion is so fast and easy to make yourself, you may never go store bought again.
DIY COFFEE LIQUEUR
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Cups Strong French Press Coffee
- 2 Cups Vodka
- 2 Tablespoons Vanilla
- Brew your coffee. (Try it in the Classic French Press)
- In a sauce pan or pot, make a simple syrup by mixing the sugar and coffee. Slowly heat and stir until dissolved, be sure not to boil.
- Remove from heat and cool in refrigerator.
- Slowly stir in vodka and vanilla to the coffee and sugar mixture.
- Pour liqueur into air tight container.
- Store sealed liqueur in a cool place and let infuse for one week.
Note: Homemade Coffee Liqueur will keep for three months in a sealed container.